This isn't really "IT" related but I thought I'd post this here anyway in case it might help someone out of a jam. I'm a FIOS customer and my setup is slightly unusual in that I have a "bridged" network setup - meaning I have my standard FIOS router/cable modem as well as a Linksys Wireless N router bridged together.
As a result, about once a month or so, I lose my channel guide on my FIOS cable boxes for some reason. The title of all of the shows says "No Program Name". So what I need to do is login to my FIOS router and restart a particular network connection. This always fixes it in MY case, your mileage my vary. I'd suggest first simply rebooting your FIOS router to see if that helps. If not, give these steps a try...
1. Enter the IP address of your FIOS router into your web browser and then login with your username and password.
2. Click on the "My Network" icon at the top of the page.
3. Click on "Network Connections" on the menu on the left side
4. Scroll down to underneath of the "Bridge" section and click on "Broadband Connection (Ethernet)"
5. On the next page, I always see a button at the top that says "Enable" (because mine has been disconnected or disabled) so click on that button if you see it.
6. Click "Apply" on the bottom of the page.
7. Wait maybe 20-30 minutes and your channel guide should be populated again.
Let me know if this works for you.
Nov 27, 2012
I was testing out the Windows Autopilot "White Glove" feature this week. This is a new feature of the Intune AutoPilot service th...
I was working on a Microsoft CRM 4.0 system the other day for one of my clients. It's mainly used for demo and testing purposes so it h...
Remote Desktop (RDP) connection to Windows 8 login prompts "Connect a smart card". Also for Remote Web Workplace (RWW).There have been a few hurdles getting users connected into Windows 8 machines via Remote Desktop (RDP) or Remote Web Workplace (RWW) from S...
Recently after upgrading one Office 365 user from Lync 2010 to Lync 2013 , his Outlook 2010 was no longer displaying the "presence&qu...