I ran into this issue with my iPhone 4 running IOS 5.0.1. I plugged my iPhone into my Windows 7 PC to sync with iTunes and half way through the sync process a message popped up and said "This computer is no longer authorized for apps that are installed on the iPhone "Jason's iPhone". Would you like to authorize this computer for items purchased from the iTunes Store?" Then it says "If you do not authorize this computer, the app E*Trade Mobile" (and 3 other apps) and it's data will be deleted from this iPhone."
Then is gives me buttons for Authorize, Don't Authorize or Cancel. I didn't want to simply hit Authorize, because as you may know, you are only allowed to have 5 computers authorized for any particular iTunes account. And since this was the only PC that I use iTunes on, something was clearly wrong and I didn't want to waste one of my authorizations. I'd rather fix the actual problem. So I hit the Cancel button on the error.
You could first have a look at this article from Apple, but it didn't really help in my case. http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1389
My guess is that it is related to the fact that I ended up with two different iTunes accounts because I was a Mobile Me customer. I've had an iTunes account for a couple years and then I signed up for Mobile Me account (the predicesor to iCloud) and created a new account with an @me.com address. Then when Mobile Me merged into iCloud last year, the @me.com account also became an iTunes account. So now I've got two iTunes accounts and Apple doesn't provide any way to merge these into one.
So it turns out that I had downloaded a few apps onto my iPhone using the @me.com account without really thinking about the consequences. It looks like this decision is finally catching up to me.
So I went back to my iPhone and deleted the first app that the error mentioned - E*Trade Mobile. Then I started the sync process again in iTunes. The same error came up and mentioned a different app this time, because E*Trade Mobile was gone. I hit Cancel again and then deleted the app that it mentioned from my iPhone. I repeated this process 4 more times until I had deleted all of the apps on my phone that were mentioned in the error message. I'm assuming these were the few apps I had downloaded to the iPhone using the @me.com account instead of my normal iTunes account.
Then it was able to sync without any issues. And I had made a list of the apps that I deleted so I simply re-installed them using the proper iTunes account.
If this post helped you out, it would be great if you would click on an ad or two. Thanks!!
Office 365 - Can't Display Online Services - Sorry we had a server issue and can't display your connected services. Please try again.
Working with a client running Windows 10 1803 and the latest Office 365 Business software suite with a click-to-run installation. We'v...
The other day I wanted to have a look at the mailbox usage for one of my Office 365 clients. I wanted to see all 35 users and find out if ...
Edit : August 2011 - This post is over 6 years old and it's the most popular post I've ever made. Still going strong! It's one ...
Recently after upgrading one Office 365 user from Lync 2010 to Lync 2013 , his Outlook 2010 was no longer displaying the "presence&qu...